Saturday 16 April 2011

The final countdown

This will be my last post before the marathon.
It all seems a bit unreal, especially as I'm suddenly quite calm following days and weeks of spiralling nervous tension.
The family have headed into London today to do more sight seeing and shopping (they're currently raiding Hamleys) while I have stayed back at the hotel to fit in as much R&R as possible.
Everything is laid out ready for the morning. My waist bag that I will be carrying round with me is packed, as is my kit bag with everything in that I'll need at the end. My trainers have the timing chip attached, and my comfiest socks are tucked inside them.
The spectators guide is printed for the family, labelled up with all of Asthma UK's cheering points along the way, and we have a plan of where we hope to see each other en-route, and where to meet at the end (as well as a back up plan if that goes awry!)
There's nothing else to do except eat a few more carbs, read my book and try to doze!
But of course, there is one very important thing to do, which is to thank you all for your good wishes over the weeks and months, and for supporting me in my fundraising. I couldn't have done any of this without you.
Thanks especially to my family, who encouraged me to take up the Gold Bond place when Asthma UK offered it to me back in August, for supporting me with my training, and for getting me to the start line.
I guess the last bit is up to me.
I will carry your good wishes around with me tomorrow, and hope that they will get me all the way to 26.2 miles.
Thank you all xx

3 comments:

BTrickett said...

Good luck Jas. I'll be tuned in to the telly, and ready to cheer you on when I see you! ATB from Catshill, Barbara

Anonymous said...

Well Done!
Knew you could do it.
Love Aunty Pam

Anonymous said...

ouWell Done!
Knew you could do it.
Love Aunty Pam