Thursday 14 April 2011

I know it's here somewhere...

We're heading off to London in the morning (yippee!) so I've spent today getting everything ready. When I say everything, what I really mean is my stuff. And it has taken me all day. And I still haven't finished packing. I'm sure my brain has turned to cotton wool because I can't concentrate on anything for more that 30 seconds, and have to keep double checking what I've already done.

One of my top priorities was remembering my registration form and passport so that I can collect my running number and timing chip from the Expo. I always keep our passports in the same place, so knew exactly where to look...except mine wasn't there. Mild panic ensued as I turned the house upside down. I found it an hour later in amongst Eurostar tickets from last August. Note to self: put things away properly in future!


I've received more sponsorship today from so many places. First, on my Just Giving page (www.justgiving.com/jasontherun), second, in the post and via my Mum, who has received donations from friends of hers, and then from my hairdresser. (I had to sneak a quick appointment in...I've got to look my best in case I end up on the telly!!!)

I've also had an email from a good friend who is in the Chinewrde Morris Dancers group. The group very kindly voted earlier in the year to make Asthma UK their charity this year, and are donating through my fundraising. They will be adding a whopping £200 to my total, so a huge 'thank you' goes to them.


Before I head off, I must just show you a vital purchase for after the marathon...some memory foam slippers. Hubby was mortified when I told him that I'll be wearing them on our way back to the hotel, but I think after 26.2 miles I'll deserve a bit of luxury for my sore feet!

No comments: