Wednesday 6 April 2011

Thank you...all of you

Today was my Uncle's funeral, and a day of mixed emotions. It is always sad to say goodbye to loved ones, and remember others that we have lost, but it is also nice to catch up with rarely seen friends and relatives.
It really brought home to me how much of what I am doing - my training and fundraising - is only possible because I have such supportive family and friends.
For months, my family have put up with me getting up early to run, arranging our lives around how far it is from 'x to y' and what time they will need to meet me there, and keeping me positive on the days when I haven't felt able to keep going. Family and friends have supported me tirelessly in my fundraising, and without their generosity I would still be trying to scrape together pennies rather than counting the hundreds. Far too often, I take for granted the people closest to me, so today I would like to say a big 'Thank You' to everyone who has helped me along the way.
In ten days time, I hope to be running 26 miles around the streets of London. Knowing that you're all with me in thought will give me the best possible chance of making it to the end.
Thank you. I couldn't do it without you x

No comments: