Thursday 7 April 2011

True inspiration

For the first time ever, I'm blogging twice in one day...and for good reason.

I was trawling one of the marathon forums earlier, and came across a link to a youtube clip. It's about a really inspirational man called Roger, and I was so moved by the video that I shared it on my Facebook page.

And then I did something I've never done before...I emailed Roger.

I wanted him to know that I had been really touched by his story.

I was surprised when, a few hours ago, he emailed me back.

He was full of encouragement for me, and has promised me that even if I'm walking oddly in the days after the marathon, I'll still feel like I'm walking on clouds! I can't wait to find out if he's right!

Roger is clearly one of life's nice guys, and is running the London marathon to raise funds for Cystic Fibrosis. If you scroll down my blog, you should find a link on the left hand side to the youtube clip that moved me to tears.

I hope you will be moved by it too.

No comments: