Tuesday 12 April 2011

Training...DONE

I did my last training run today. I only did three miles, but was glad to get home without tripping, falling off a pavement, twisting an ankle or any number of other injuries that I have been dreaming of incurring over the past few nights! It's hard to believe that after all these months of training alone, the next time I run will be in London, with 35000 other people alongside me.

When I knew I was running in the marathon, I asked friends and family to collect their loose change for me, and it's amazing how much these donations have added up. I have been given three lots of change over the past two days, and after much sorting and counting this afternoon I'm thrilled to have another £35 to put towards my fundraising.

This evening I have started putting together a quiz sheet that will hopefully help to keep my children occupied while they troop round London trying to spot me on Sunday. I've included questions like 'Guess my finish time' and have made a list of things they need to photograph. Thinking about it, maybe I should print an extra copy to stop Hubby getting bored.

No comments: