Saturday 9 April 2011

Say 'Cheese'

When I first told family and friends that I would be running the marathon and raising funds for Asthma UK, my good friend Nick donated a photo session for me to auction.

Nick is a first class photographer (check out his website at www.nickstephens.org), so this was always going to be a good way to raise funds.

Nick took some family photos for us last year, and even though I hate seeing myself in photos, I was thrilled with the results. I was telling a colleague this last week, and he commented that if Nick could make me look good in a photo then the session must be worth a fortune! Charming.

Anyhow, the auction has been running for the last two weeks, and ended this evening. I'm pleased to report that the winning bidder will be donating £75 to my total, and in return will get some beautiful photos...so everyone's a winner!

I've had another pledge of £50, so my total raised so far now stands at £1400, which is fantastic. With just a week to go, I'm hoping that will creep up a little more.

If you want to help nudge up the total, please go to www.justgiving.com/jasontherun
Every penny counts!

No comments: